On high ground overlooking the North Sea, All Saints Church, Morston is one of many imposing churches in North Norfolk. All Saints is famous for its commanding aspect, its 1480 rood screen, its 15th century octagonal font (carved with the Evangelists and their emblems). It is also famed for its lightning-struck (1743) tower, which contains a single bell. The church dates back to the 12th century and has always served the fishing community of the nearby tiny village.
Morston Quay is situated just within the shelter of Blakeney Point. The Point forms a wonderful backdrop to the quay area with its salt marshes in the foreground. There are many seal trips from the Quay which goes out to Blakeney Point and the seals can be seen in the summer months.
Walks from Morston: There is a short walk from Morston to Blakeney (around 2 miles) which is signposted,
There is a much longer walk to Wells which takes in Stiffkey but you can always take the bus from Stiffkey to either wells or Blakeney.